Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dorm Reveal!

I've been moved in for a whole week and I've finally got the room set up! I decided to make use of the extra bed (yes, I have two beds in my single dorm room. I know... I'm spoiled rotten) and turn it into a couch/sitting area with some fun pillows. My college kind of gave me two of everything, so you'll notice that I have a makeup desk, a studying desk, and two wardrobes and dressers. In my defense, one dresser is empty.
I love my dorm room, and I hope you do too!

My two beds. The pink one is where I sleep, the plaid/patchwork one is my couch.
My two desks. The left one is makeup (also food storage) and the right one is for studying. The file cabinet is where I store my makeup!

Close up on my makeup area. It's not the most glamorous, but I love it. It's hard to tell, but it's super functional. I'll film a video sometime showing it in action.

My reading area. I like to curl up with my American Lit textbook here.
Terrible picture. This is the hallway to my door, where my two wardrobes are located. All my hanging clothes are in one, and my shoes and sweaters are in the other. 
Another wonky photo, sorry. I turned my AC unit into my personal photo board.
A shot of the room from my bed. I'm just trying to give you an idea of the size. It's pretty huge.    
This is the only shot I'll give you of my bathroom because it's really not very exciting. I didn't end up needing a shower curtain (glass door on my shower) and it's just a bathroom. Sorry my dish station is on the floor. I meant to take that out of the photo!
So this is my room!
I've absolutely settled in and I adore Queens. I could not be happier here, and that's not just because my dorm room is perfect for me. I love this campus and these people. This is the best place for me and I belong here.

4 comments:

  1. CUTE!! :) I had the patchwork quilt in my dorm freshman year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dorm room! I'm glad that you are loving Queens and that it is a great fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you utilized all the extra furniture! Especially the makeup desk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl! So glad you are happy at Queens!

    Jayme & Mendi @ HLNC

    ReplyDelete