Friday, April 12, 2013

An App To Make You Happier?


I stumbled upon this little app the other day and while I'm still getting the hang of it, I'm in LOVE with the concept. It's simple: throughout your day you take a minute or two to document the little things that make you Happier. 



So whether that be in a photo, a sentence, or a little blurb about what's going on in your day, you can  talk about the great thing that makes you happy. Then you can categorize it (things like animals, friends, little things, nature, etc) and post it.
Focusing on happy moments is a great way to center your life around gratitude. This is always hard to do, but Happier has simplified the process by making it fun, and even allowing you to set a reminder to post about the things that make you happier. It's like keeping a gratitude journal combined with instagram and twitter--- genius!

My favorite part of the app is being able to go to the discover page and look through everyone else's Happy moments. It's awesome to see the little things making other people's days. It's such a positive app, and you can click a little smiley if you like someone's post, or comment to congratulate or encourage others.   I smiled a ton seeing pictures of a delicious lunch, a first ultrasound, an acceptance letter to college... it's awesome to witness even a stranger's happy moment.




So I'm still figuring things out and I think I'd love this app all that much more if I had lots of friends on it! Come join me? Let's all get Happier!


Check out Happier on their website and download the app!
If we're Facebook friends you can find me on the app already, but if not I'm on there under Hannah Baartmans :)

Hope y'all are having a very happy weekend!
All my love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. This looks like such a cool app! I definitely want to try it out once I'm back in the states! I found your blog through YSS and I can't wait to get to know you better!

    Xoxo,
    Samantha | www.lifestreamthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete