I've been nominated for a blog award by the very sweet Sara of Pearls & Curls! Her blog is fantastic and she's always posting something great, so definitely check her out. Thanks for the award, Sara!
By the way, I was curious about the origin of this blog award and it turns out "liebster" is German for sweetheart or dearest! Sweet, right?
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog :)
Facts about Me:
- My favorite magazine is definitely Allure. This probably isn't surprising to anyone who knows me, because Allure is primarily a beauty magazine.
- I love monograms... unless they're in Curlz font. It just bothers me! Sorry if you love it haha.
- I transferred colleges after one semester at UNCA and a semester home of medical leave. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
- I am obsessed with Cinnamon sugar. I put it on my pancakes with butter and it's just the best.
- I am part robot. Just kidding. But I say that because last October I had a spinal cord stimulator put in at the top of my spine. It blocks my nerve pain by sending out soothing signals. It's pretty cool, but the surgery was a pain!
- I hate velour. There's something wrong with a fabric that has two completely different textures based on the way you touch it. No no no.
- I love just browsing Etsy. The pure creativity there is just inspiring.
- I eventually want to become a school counselor. I'm going to teach English first, but that's my long-term goal.
- I am learning to love being gluten-free. It's made a big difference in my health, and I've found lots of new foods I enjoy! I do miss donuts, bagels, and a few other things that just can't be replicated.
- I met my best friend through blogging!
- My favorite flowers are dhalias and peonies.
1. You have to give up food or sleep (without any negative health side effects)...which do you give up? Ugh, I love both haha. I guess if I always felt rested I would be ok with giving up sleep. Giving up food makes you crazy though. It's so much more important to your emotional health than you realize. I once had to not eat for 8 days in the hospital and I was grumpy and upset all the time.
2. If you could have one super power- what would it be? Teleportation. Would save me lots of money on plane fares.
3. Talk about your aspirations for you blog! I really want to be a relatable, fun blogger. I like when you feel like you know the girl behind the blog. I also would like to get to a point with my manicures that I feel like I can swatch them and take good photos to integrate into my blog.
4. Are you a handbag or shoe kinda girl? Handbags. I will never be a shoe girl because I hate my feet. I'm that girl who has a favorite pair of shoes and has to be reminded to wear different shoes.
5. If you had to shop at one store for the rest of your life- which store would you chose? Saying J Crew feels really typical, but I almost always feel like they hit that perfect mix of casual and dressy as well as a good mix of trendy and classic.
6. Who is your favorite author? Michael Ondaatje. His work hits me on every level. I love his poetry too.7. Favorite song lyric? Lately I've loved all of Kate Havnevik's "Grace" (which was written for Grey's Anatomy!) but especially this lyric:
"Nothing comes easily,Fill this empty space. Nothing is like it was,Turn my grief to grace"
8. Do you prefer to be the driver or passenger? Passenger. I'm not huge on driving these days haha.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself- what would you change? I'd consider getting a nose job if it were magically free and painless.
10. What will you accomplish in 2013? I'm going to get back to my life, blog more, worry less, and have more fun.
11. If you could meet one blogger- who would it be? Does Danielle count? We've been dying to meet each other!
My Questions for you:
- Chevron: are you still loving it or is it getting old?
- If you had to be one of the Kardashians--- which would you choose?
- Do you want kids? If so, how many?
- What is your favorite word?
- If your house was burning down and you had to save one thing for sentimental reasons, what would you save? (What I mean by sentimental reasons is that it's not just of monetary value, like your laptop or iPhone or something)
- Favorite breakfast food?
- What do you do to combat stress?
- What's your favorite kind of blog post to read? (Ex: Nail polish swatches, OOTD, Personal, etc)
- What's your favorite flower?
- What was your most memorable birthday as a kid?
- Favorite color to wear on your nails--- can be specific like a polish name and brand or just a color, like pink.
Ok, now for the nominations, I'm just going to do 5 because 11 is just a lot! Here are some fun blogs for y'all to check out! I
|Rebecca at Life with rME|
|Charlee Anne at The Preppy Graduate|
|Your Sorority Sister (a blog I highly recommend for Greek girls and anyone interested in Greek life!|
|Ashlee at aVM |
By the way your header wasn't showing so I made you a monogram Ashlee! :)
|A&C at The Kennedys Amongst the Kardashians|
Ok y'all! I hope you have fun with the questions and that everyone is having a great week!
Thanks again Sara for the award!