Saturday, January 26, 2013

On The {Reading} List

Sorry this post is a bit belated!
I'm a major list-maker. I know a lot of y'all probably are too, so I thought I'd try a new type of post that won't necessarily have a regular, scheduled occurrence, but will pop up when I see fit. I'm calling it On The List. This first edition will be On The {Reading} List!
I thought I'd share some of the books I'm hoping to read soon. I'm trying to keep up free reading during the school year, which is something I've struggled with as an English major.
I'm hoping to get a Nook soon, so maybe that will encourage me a little more!




How Can You NOT Laugh at a Time Like This- by Cara Ulbrich

I'm SO excited to read this. As a Chronic Illness fighter and advocate, I don't see a lot of Chronic Illness related books that pique my interest. However, the sneak preview on Amazon had me nodding and laughing in total agreement. I definitely plan on reviewing this, because I think it looks like a great way to introduce what it's really like to live with Chronic Illness to those who don't have to experience it firsthand. 



Insurgent- Veronica Roth 

I still can't believe I haven't read this yet. This summer in Kiawah I got totally hooked on the first book in this series- Divergent. I read it in 2 days and passed it on immediately to my best friend and my mom. And then for some reason there was a delay in getting the second book and I got busy with my health... and then I felt like I needed to reread Divergent, and I just never got back around to it. 
Now, I need to read it. It's taunting me every time I go home. 



Safe Haven- Nicholas Sparks

It's almost Valentine's Day, so I think it might be the perfect time to curl up with a cheesy, wonderful Nicholas Sparks book. Especially since the movie is coming out soon! It's mindless, but that's the fun in it! 

The Fault in Our Stars- John Green

Ok, I realize that this list is not terribly new or exciting to y'all, but I'm trying to catch up on some of the popular books that have been out recently. I keep hearing that this is just gorgeous, sad, and wonderful. Hopefully I'll enjoy it! 


Ok, so that's the quick list for tonight! What's on your reading list! Please share, I'm always looking for good book recommendations. 

Hope you're happy and healthy! 

Stay beautiful,
Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. You haven't read The Fault in Our Stars yet?! PLEASE message me when you start it, during it, and after. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!!

    ReplyDelete